Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Love Over 40? 50?

It would be soooo nice to feel attractive and desired. It's much harder at this age; sometimes I just feel invisible (maybe that's why I wear psychedelic scrubs at work). The only folks who look at us almost-grandmotherly types are little bitty kids.

Maybe I stayed in this relationship too long because I want a companion so badly. I even allowed myself to be talked into living together as opposed to getting married -- and I am the marrying type (although I can say that the awfulness of my first marriage contributed to fear of marriage).

I know there are a lot of women like me. I think perhaps there are a lot of men like my ex, who wind up with very young women the second time around, although probably the motives aren't the same as in my ex's case.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Amen sista! And are you telling me life doesn't get any better? ;) I'm just now 30 and think it would be sooo nice to feel attractive and desired and not have to do all the work. The last guy I went out with, I did almost all the asking until finally I broke down and asked him if he just wasn't interested or what the deal was. He liked me but didn't LIKE me... Actually he was looking for a wife and couldn't see himself married to me. And yeah, I probably kept dating him far longer than I should've.