Sunday, February 27, 2005

Here Goes Nothing...

I signed up for eharmony a couple of days ago...finally found the guts to upload a photo. So far, the computer has given me 10 "matches"...people the program thinks I ought to like.

I did have to let one go already. Every single picture was taken on a motorcycle...apparently it's a big part of this guy's life. But I at 18 I decided that I would never, ever ride one (yes, there's a tragedy there) and being a nurse has only reinforced that (in the ER they like to call them "murdercycles"). Now, if you ride one, more power to ya. I'm not going to ask you to stop and I'm not going to lecture you...but it's not right for ME. So David on eharmony, if you're wondering why I dropped you -- that's why.

Anyway, now that I have a picture up, it'll be interesting to see how many decide to pursue communication. :) While I hate the thought of guys dumping me solely for the way I look, maybe it's better than finding out a person is really that shallow (or who knows...maybe I look like their third grade teacher who whipped their knuckles with rulers...of course, if that's the case and they ask me out anyway...whole NEW can of worms).

I'll put the picture up...tell me what you think. Although...really, it's OK to lie. :)

8 comments:

LIH said...

you'll have to keep us updated on how eharmony goes. i've thought about trying it myself, so am very curious!

Jodie said...

Stay tuned...I'll let you know.

Ned said...

I am with you on the motorcycles. Well mostly with you, cause inside there is a slight yen, probably due to the small motorbike I used to ride as a kid. But as a highly unbalanced person (and I have a suspicion balance is required to stay on a bike) and someone who works in auto insurance (personal injury claims) I think I am better off with lots of steel around me.
A guy that tied to his bike, is probably not a good choice anyway.

Third Degree Nurse said...

Go for it! Cute picture, too. I want to hear how it goes; I have a friend trying it now, too, and she's pretty terrific. Some guy will be pretty lucky to get her.

And I'm living proof that you can hook up with a great guy and have a happy relationship. More than once. I've been at this one for 10+ years. And they've been 10 really great years, better than I ever expected.

jag said...

Motorcylces can be very frightening. No protection around you. The wind trying to take you right off your bike. Flying down the highway, cars racing by..no one seems to "see" motorcycles.
I have a Harley Superglide and I love it! Everytime I go for a ride I feel like I'm conquering some inner fear....but that's just one woman's opinion...:)

Jodie said...

jag, I won't ride motorcycles with you, but I'd go scuba diving anytime!

jag said...

And the sharks....?

Jodie said...

I have yet to see one when I'm diving...funny, I'm more afraid of them wading at the beach. Strange, huh?