Monday, February 14, 2005

My Valentine's Gift

I love Shakespeare. My favorite play is Macbeth.

So I'm standing at the stove cooking noodles for mac n cheese (not that Kraft stuff, the real deal), which has bubbled alarmingly close to the top of the pot...and my son walks up. Here's the conversation:

Gavin (in quavering falsetto): Double, double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble!

Me (in old lady voice, followed by evil cackle): When shall we three meet again?

Gavin quirks his eyebrow at me: Mom, there's no one here but you and me.

Then we both look down at Pixie the wonderdog, who is gazing up at us with that you-never-feed-me-I'm-starving look.

Gavin: We are one SUCKY coven.

Took me by surprise, since we're Lutheran. At least I got a big laugh for Valentine's Day. How about you?

1 comment:

Wyrfu said...

Well, that gave me the best laugh I've had in a week. "One sucky coven..." :D