Sunday, May 29, 2005

The It Girl

I've been tagged by the Pufferfish, so for your reading delight, I present the "Three" meme...

Three screen names that you have had:
Researchrabbit, Flyinfur -- those are really the only two I've used. Flyinfur happened when I was trying to find a screen name...but everything I tried was taken, and the kids were fighting, and the dogs were barking, and...well...the fur was really flyin' (as we say here in Okieland). Researchrabbit is for what I do and one of my favorite characters -- the White Rabbit -- who shares with me the inability to be on time for anything.

Three things you like about yourself:
I can solve problems, grasp concepts quickly, and I have an infectious smile. Unfortunately, there is no cure or vaccine for the smile thing, but researchers are working feverishly.

Three things you don't like about yourself:
I like chocolate more than I like being thin, I like starting (but not finishing) projects, and I am an expert in the art of procrastination. "Not liking" is perhaps too strong a phrase here, but "things I probably ought to change but am just too lazy and comfortable to actually do so" is more like it.

Three parts of your heritage:
Cherokee, German, and I have the Weird Ward genes. My bother, er brother (Steve, did you see that? I make that typo EVERY SINGLE TIME. Freudian slip or TRUTH?) got a lot more of the Weird Ward genes than I did. Which is probably why he is soooo cool. Even if he doesn't have a blog yet.

Three things that scare you:
Something bad happening to one of my kids. Something bad happening to any other kid. Ever sitting in another interminable class with Mrs. Carlock, my evil 5th grade teacher.

Three of your everyday essentials:
Hot showers, newspaper comics and my own little squishy pillow to sleep on at night...which goes with me on every trip I take.

Three things you are wearing right now:
Wild Hawaiian print scrub top, scrub pants, and nurse name tag with my last name blacked out...something I've done ever since one of my psych patients in KS decided to start phoning me every night at 1 am.

Three of your favorite songs:
Think (Aretha Franklin); The No No Song (Ringo Starr); Sail Away/Orinoco Flow (Enya) ...or really, anything that I can belt out while I'm driving.

Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months:
Enamelling, teaching my kid to drive, and surviving teaching my kid to drive.

Three things I want in a relationship:
Right now, I have everything I want and more. :)

Two truths and a lie:
I'm tall, slender, and blonde. Um. OK, so two definite lies and one self delusion which is probably also a lie. Sue me. :D

Three things you can't do without:
The people I love, chocolate, and books.

Three places you want to go on vacation:
The next three places I am planning to go are my hometown, San Diego and Scotland, in that order. But this list is, apparently, endless. I want to go everywhere and see everything. Well, see everything except #2 on the "just can't do" portion just below this.

Three things you just can't do:
Be mean to animals or children, look at what comes up when one removes a nasogastric tube, or iceskate without falling.

Three kids' names:
Furry or non-furry? I only have two non-furry, so furry it is: Pixie the Wonderdog, Evil Wiley, and Buddy.

Three things you want to do before you die:
I've already done them. :) Anything extra is a gift.

Three Celeb crushes:
Alan Rickman, Cary Grant, Paul Newman.

Three people you want to know these things about: I don't want to tag anyone who doesn't want to play, but I haven't seen Meeps, 3rd Degree Nurse, or Rhodester do one of these...so I invite you to play if you wish to, or not if you don't. :)

12 comments:

Steve said...

HEY!

Your backtacker said...

Here' one more question ...


Three things you'd want in your backtack thingee. (besides previously mentioned scissors and needles)

Meepers said...

Hey Jodie. Erm, I'll refer you to the following:

Meme Hell

But since I'm feeling good today, I'll play. I'll give you a guess who's getting tagged...

kath red said...

i enjoyed reading about you

Jay said...

Mmm Alan Rickman. He could totally be on my FFF!

Jaws said...

Nice list for sure! Love people with smiles. Makes me you smile inside even if just for a short while.

Third Degree Nurse said...

Well, alrighty then! I'll have to give this some thought...I'll put it on my blog.

Glod said...

Are you the stereotypical American tourist?

Rhodester said...

If you ever get to the point of actually planning a San Diego trip, give me a shout first.. I lived there for some years and can give you some great tips.

no, I don't usually (actually never) answer form questions like that.. sorry

Jodie said...

Well, I thought I posted a comment...

Dave, my kid's in San Diego now -- so any tips you have she would definitely enjoy (and then she'd have everything scoped out when I visit!).

Glod, I don't think I'm a stereotypical anything. :D I'm polite, don't litter, and carry a backpack instead of a suitcase.

Backtack buddy -- I just realized over the weekend that my only tape measure is not metric. Also, I love chocolate. And those pins that have the colored ball on the top are wonderful because I can see them if I drop them on the floor. :D

Meeps, you're cute, and now I know why I never see memes on your blog. :D

Steve, you KNOW I'm never going to stop teasing you. Besides, if we're ever in the same old folks home, I know you'll be stealing food off my plate and the nurses will just think I'm demented when I complain.

Leann said...

I enjoyed learning more about you. I may allow myself to be tagged :-)

Rhodester said...

Jodie, have her email me if she wants- daverhodester@hotmail.com

Is she living there or just visiting?